ABB Industrial Drives
ABB industrial drives are designed for industrial applications, and especially for applications in process industries such as the converting, pulp & paper, metals, mining, cement, power, chemical, and oil & gas industries. ABB industrial drives are highly flexible AC drives that can be configured to meet the precise needs of industrial applicaitons, and therefore order-based configuration is an integral part of the offering. These drives cover a wide range of powers and voltages, including industrial voltages up to 690 V. ABB industrial drives come with a wide range of built in options. A key feature of these drives is programmability, which makes adaptation to different applications easy.
ABB industrial drives are designed with current ratings to be used in industrial environments for applications requiring high overloadability. The heart of the drive is DTC, Direct Torque Control, that provides high performance and significant benefits: e.g. accurate static and dynamic speed and torque control, high starting torque and use of long motor cables. Built in drive options make the installation work fast and easy. The robust enclosures and cabinets, with a wide range of enclosure classes, as well as power terminals, are designed for harsh environments.
One of the most significant design criteria of ABB industrial drives has been long lifetime. Wearing parts such as fans and capacitors have been selected accordingly. This means - together with extensive protection features - excellent reliability in demanding industrial applications.
ABB General Purpose Drives - ACS310
AC Drives For Pump and Fan Applications
ABB general purpose drives, ACS310, are dedicated to variable torque applications such as booster pumps and centrifugal fans.
The drive's dedicated pump and fan features lower operating costs, boost energy efficiency and reduce C02 emissions. Included among these features are built-in PID controllers and PFC (pump and fan control) that vary the drive's performance in response to changes in pressure, flow or other external data.
Among the pre-programmed protection functions is pump cleaning. This prevents pump and pipes from clogging by initiating a sequence of forward and reverse runs of the pump to clean the impeller.
Within pumping applications, energy savings up to 50 percent can be achieved compared to direct-on-line motor-driven systems that use mechanical flow control methods. The ABB general purpose drives provide built-in features for efficient energy management. Energy savings can be easily monitored using the built-in counters that display energy savings in kilowatt hours and saved carbon dioxide emissions. The savings can also be displayed in local currencies.
The compact design and uniform dimensions make cabinet mounting of the drive straightforward, thereby providing speedy and space saving installation. The ACS310 drive has an embedded Modbus interface for system monitoring and control that saves the cost of external fieldbus devices and enables easy integration of the drives with PLC. When combined with preprogrammed application macros, an intuitive user interface and several assistant screens, installation time is further reduced while speeding up parameter setting and drive commissioning.
The ACS310 drives meet the needs of logistical and technical distributors as well as the requirements of end users with pumping and ventiliation applications. The drives are supported by one of the most extensive global sales and service networks with presence in over 100 countries.
· Powerful set of pump and fan features
· Boosted energy efficiency
· Tailored for cabinet installations
· Clever drive commissioning assistants and convenient user interface
· Worldwide availability and service
The ACS310 drive is specifically designed to meet the variable torque loads demanded by centrifugal fans and pumps. The result is maximum application uptime, reduced maintenance cost and higher energy savings.
Low Voltage AC Drives
ABB General Purpose Drives - ACS550 Standard Drive
The ABB ACS550 AC drive combines a sophisticated microprocessor with an advanced IGBT power switching technology to deliver V/Hz, Closed Loop Flux Vector and Sensorless Vector control of AC motors. Its intuitive control panel offers numerous benefits making it the most user friendly panel in the drives industry. The extensive library of pre-programmed application macros maximizes convenience and minimizes start-up time. This drive can handle the most demanding industrial applications in an efficient, dependable and economic manner.
· Advanced control panel permitted intuitive operation
· Patented swinging choke for superior harmonic reduction (R1-R4) and AC line reactor (R5-R8)
· Sensorless vector control
· Integral EMC filter as standard
· Built-in Modbus RTU and numerous internally mountable fieldbus adapters
· Coated boards for harsh environments
· UL, cUL, C-Tick and Gost-R approved
· Built-in brake chopper (10 Hp, 230 V / 15 Hp, 480 V and 600 V)
· Many assistants including Start-up, Drive Optimizer, Real-time Clock, Diagnostics, Maintenance, Serial and PID
· Seismic Certification to ICC AC-156 Criteria
ABB General Machinery Drives - ACS355
The ABB general machinery drives are designed to be the fastest drives to install, parameter-set and commission. They are highly compact and cost effective. Equipped with cutting edge intelligence and safety capability the drives are desgined specifically to meet the production and performance needs of system integrators, original equipment manufactureers (OEMs) and panel builders, as well as the requirements of end users in a broad range of applications.
· Exceptionally compact drives and uniform design
· Quick commissioning with application macros and panel assistants
· Safe torque-off function (SIL3) as standard
· Sensorless vector control
· Built-in braking chopper
· High protection class variants for harsh environments
· Permanent magnet and induction motor control
· Torque memory for lifting applications
· Common DC bus
· 100% background compatibility with ACS350
· 600 Hz maximum output frequency
ABB High Performance Machinery Drives - ACSM1
ABB high performance machinery drives provide speed, torque and motion control for demanding applications. They can control induction, synchronous and asynchronous servo and high torque motors with various feedback devices. The compact hardware, different variants and programming flexibility ensure the optimum system solution. The innovative memory unit concept enables flexible drive configuration.
· Designed for demanding machinery applications with synchronous and induction motors
· Compact design for single and multidrive systems
· Regenerative supply for applications with high braking power duty cycles
· Functionality can be easily extended using a block programming tool
· Functional safety as standard
ABB ACS55 Component Drive
The ABB ACS55 Component Drive continues in the tradition of ABB AC Drives being simple to buy, install, configure and use, saving considerable time. The ACS55 can easily be integrated into existing or smaller panels, replacing contactors and motor starters due to its compact size as well as new installations or wherever energy savings of small AC induction motors is desired.
ABB ACS150 Component Drives
ABB component drives are designed to be incorporated into a wide variety of machines such as mixers, conveyors, fans or pumps or anywhere a fixed speed motor needs to go variable speed motor.
The ABB component drives meet the requirements of OEMs, machinery builders and panel builders. These drives are widely available through the ABB distribution network. The drives are easy to select and provide a range of built-in features as standard including PID control, brake chopper, fixed keypad and speed control potentiometer.
· Worldwide availability through logistical distributors
· User-friendly LCD control panel and integrated potentiometer
· Flexible mounting alternatives
· PID control
· Integrated EMC filter
· Built-in brake chopper
· FlashDrop tool for fast drive commissioning
ABB Industrial Drives | ACS800
ACS800 Single Drives
ACS800-U11 (Wall-mounted regenerative)
ACS800-17 (Cabinet-built regenerative)
ACS800-U31 (Wall-mounted ultra low harmonic)
ACS800-37 (Cabinet-built ultra low harmonic)
400V Drive and Supply Units
500V Drive and Supply Units
690V Drive and Supply Units
400V Drive and Supply Units (Liquid Cooled)
500V Drive and Supply Units (Liquid Cooled)
690V Drive and Supply Units (Liquid Cooled)
ACS800 Drive Modules
Single Drive Modules
ACS800-04, 04M, 14
ABB ACS2000 - Simple and Reliable Motor Control
The ACS2000 is designed for high reliability, easy installation and fast commissioning reducing the total cost of ownership.
With the integration of an Active Front End (AFE) combined with multilevel control, the ACS2000 is an Ultra Low Harmonic (ULH) design that minimizes line side harmonics without the use of expensive, specialized transformers with the added benefit of a smaller overall package.
With its compact packaging, the ACS2000 can be retrofitted to control standard induction motors via a direct connection to the line supply (direct-to-line). Alternatively, a simple two-winding input isolation transformer can be applied to allow for connection to various line side supply voltages.
The ACS2000 direct-to-line configuration combines the cost savings of a transformerless variable speed drive system with the benefits of Voltage Source Inverters (VSIs), including excellent availability and reliability, high and constant power factor and superior dynamic control performance.
The heritage of ABB's VSI topology, along with a patented HV-IGBT-based multi-level control, provides a proven track record for reliable and motor friendly medium voltage AC drive performance.
· Suitable for use with or without an input isolation transformer
· Meets IEEE 519 and IEC 61000-2-4
· Direct-to-line configuration (transformerless) allows 3 in and 3 out power cabling for quick and easy installation
· Multi-level switching topology and built-in dv/dt filtering enables use with new or existing induction motors
· Regenerative option and ability to maintain near unity power factor across the entire speed range provides additional energy savings
· Modular construction provides high reliability and low maintenance costs
Other ABB Product
Sample list of ABB spare parts:
ABB EN_ACS800single drives catalog.pdf